History of LB MINERALS

Based on the decision of the sole shareholder Lasselsberger GmbH, LB MINERALS, a.s. change the legal form from a join stock company to a limited liability company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o., with effect from 1 st January 2009.

By the given change, our company isn´t dissolved, its assests are not transferred to its legal succesor, but there is only a change in the internal legal form. Its identification number 279 94 929, as well as tax identification number CZ27994929 remain unchanged. The registered office in Horní Bříza and its bank details remain unchanged too.

History of the company Lasselsberger in the Czech republic:

1996 start up of the capital activity in Czech rep., the reach of the majority interest in CHKZ a.s.
1997 majority interest in HOB Horní Bříza, a.s.
1999 Company Lasselsberger s.r.o. established
2000 majority interest in Calofrig a.s., sole shareholder in CHKZ a.s. and HOB a.s.
2001 majority interest in Kemat spol. s r.o.
2002 majority interest in RAKO Rakovník a.s.
2003 Lasselsberger a.s. founded, the fusion of the group LB started
2005 fusion finished, Lasselsberger a.s. formated
2007 division form, LB MINERALS, a.s. Inc. formated
2009 transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated

The history of individual localities:

Mining and treatment of raw materials at individual deposits has its roots in many years of tradition dating as far back as the 19th Century. Over the years the methods for mining and processing raw materials have changed significantly from manual mining to today’s mechanised process. Development at individual locations was also diverse.

History of LB MINERALSHistory of LB MINERALSHistory of LB MINERALS

The Pilsen region

Horní Bříza

1877 Kaolin mining and washing was commenced.
1882 In this year the Factory for production of clay, kaolin and grog products was established.
1899 Západočeské továrny kaolinové a šamotové, a.s. established.
1929 The magnesite works in Slovakia were merged.
1950 The kaolin works in Horní Bříza were detached.
1958 Repeated merger of mining works and establishment of the Západočeské keramické závody state company.
1992 Thanks to coupon privatisation the Západočeské kaolinové a keramické závody company was established.
1997 The name of the company was changed to Keramika Horní Bříza a.s.
1999 Capital entry by the Lasselsberger Holding International company.
2001 The Lasselsberger company becomes the sole shareholder.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated.

Kaznějov

1904 Mining commenced, surface and sub-surface mining methods were combined, mining was performed manually.
1905 A contract on lease of the Kaznějov kaolin plant was concluded by the Metternich family to the “Zapadočeské továrny kaolinové a šamotové” joint stock company.
1919 The Metternich family withdrew from the contract, they continued to operate the kaolin plant themselves.
1931 Západočeská kaolinka purchases Kaznějovské kaolinové závody.
1944 Mining is stopped because of insufficient labour force.
1945 Západočeská kaolinka is nationalised and from 1st January 1946 it is transformed into the “Západočeské závody kaolinové, šamotové and magnesitové” national company.
1950 The Kaznějov kaolinka is merged with the Hornobřizské kaolinové závody national company.
1951 Renewal of kaolin mining.
1957 Fusion of the Západočeské keramické závody and Hornobřizské kaolinové závody national companies.
1989 Transformation of the national company into a state company.
1992 Západočeské kaolinové a keramické závody a.s. established.
1997 The name of the company was changed to Keramika Horní Bříza a.s.
1999 Capital entry by the Lasselsberger Holding International company.
2001 The Lasselsberger company becomes the sole shareholder.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated

Chlumčany

1873 Kaolin mining and treatment commenced this year.
1909 The newly established “Dobřanské kaolinové závody Fiedler a Eisenschimml, s.r.o.“ company purchased the works
1912 The preceding company was transformed into “Dobřanské kaolinové a šamotové závody, a.s.“.
1913 This year the “Dobřanské kaolinové a šamotové závody, a.s., in Chlumčany” branch plant was registered.
1926 The joint stock company merged with “Západočeské továrny kaolinové a šamotové, a.s.“, which greatly benefited the plant.
1933 Because of the economic crisis manufacture of some products was stopped, production was fully renewed at the end of 1936.
1945 The Ministry of Industry issued a decree by which the whole company was communised by being nationalised.
1950 The ceramic factory in Chlumčany became an independent economic organization in 1950 when the “Chlumčanské keramické závody, national company.“ was established.
1957 This year the works in Poběžovice and Jehnědno were merged with the company.
1990 Chlumčanské keramické závody acquired the statute of state company.
1992 Origin of the Chlumčanské keramické závody joint stock company.
1999 Capital entry of the Lasselsberger Holding International company.
2001 The Lasselsberger company becomes the sole shareholder.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated.

The Trebon region

Borovany

1898 Heat resistant clay mining began this year.
1919 After an independent Czechoslovakia was created the Prague Forbesser Kieselguhr und Tonwerke, A. G. A company and the Viennese Kleiner u. Bockmayer and Matausch – Werke companies were merged and a joint stock company was created, which was renamed Calofrig “joint stock company for insulation cork and silica industry“.
1946 Calofrig was nationalised, a year later it was integrated into Západočeské kaolinové závody.
1950 Calofrig becomes an independent national company.
1977 Operation was commenced in the Živec Halámky company.
1991 The Calofrig national company was transformed into a state company.
1992 The state company was privatised and the Calofrig joint stock company originated.
1999 Capital entry by the Lasselsberger Holding International company.
2001 The Lasselsberger company becomes the sole shareholder.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated.

The Cheb region

Skalná

1785 Clay mining in the surrounding area of Skalná is first mentioned in this year.
1873 Four ovens for manufacture of grog and stoneware goods were built in Skalná. This practically commenced the era of refining Skalná clays by industrial factory production.
1909 Thanks to the merger of small private miners into a larger company, clay mining undergoes intensive development. In this year “Spojené sklanesko-novoveské hlinné závody” was established. In the following years the joint stock company in Skalná, the Eberle company, Adolf Gottfried in Vonšov, Chebské jílové závody and the Reichel company were also established.
1929 This year there are 26 quarries and clearances operating in the Skalná region mining clays and sands, in which around 1300 people were employed.
1945 Following nationalisation clay mining fell under the organization of the Sedlec kaolin plants in Carlsbad, a year later the combined Sedlecko-vildštejnské kaolinové a hlinné závody were created, this organization worked until under various names.
1991 Following the dissolution of Keramické a sklářské suroviny (renamed Sedlecko-vildštejnské kaolinové a hlinné závody from 1967) an independent enterprise was created under the name of KEMA – ceramic materials Skalná, mining and treating raw materials in the Cheb basin.
1996 Privatisation of the independent KEMA – ceramic materials Skalná company resulted in the wholly private company under the name of KEMAT spol. s r. o.
2002 The company becomes part of the Lasselsberger group.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated.

Rakovník

1882 The Moravia coal company decided not to continue in mining of coal but use the heaps of shale and local clays for manufacturing raw tiles and heat resistant bricks.
1894 New buildings with a number of ovens were built and production was expanded by glazed and decorated tiles.
1898 The new owners, Mr. Kasalovský and Mr. Sommerschuh introduced production of ceramic floor tiles, wall tiles, mosaic, tiled stoves and other ceramic products with the assistance of leading artists.
1907 Prince John II. of Liechtenstein merged the ceramic plants in Rakovník and Poštorné. Emil Sommerschuh remained the Managing Director, continued in the commenced development and the created mosaic images serve in buildings throughout Europe to this day.
1920 With majority participation of Živnobanka the joint stock company introduced a number of mechanisation innovations and built most of the manufacturing ha­lls.
1945 The plant was nationalised, Rakovník keramické závody were created, manufacture of ceramic floor and wall tiles, mining of clays from the nearby quarry chiefly for the needs of production.
1964 Significant modernisation of operations, introduction of modern technology and construction of a new RAKO III operation.
1980 Introduction of automation and robotisation during manufacture of ceramic floor and wall tiles.
1993 The currently state company becomes part of the international Deutsche Steuzeug group.
2004 The Lasselsberger company becomes the sole shareholder.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated.

Morava

Ledce

2004 This year mining activities in the form of trial operation were commenced, the subject of mining activities is mining for feldspar raw materials and their treatment by washing and sorting.
2007 Foundation of joint stock company LB MINERALS.
2009 Transformation of company, LB MINERALS, s.r.o. formated.

 

Up

Copyright © 2015 - 2019 LB MINERALS, Ltd., Imprint